CANDO is an acronym developed by Henry Ford to make the work area more organized and efficient.
C = Cleaning up
A = Arranging
N = Neatness
D = Discipline
O = Ongoing improvement
The first job was to clean up— that is always the first thing to do in order to find out what you are about…We cannot afford to have dirt around— it is too expensive. … Everything is painted and kept painted a light color, so the least bit of dirt will show. We do not paint to cover up dirt— we paint white or light gray in order that cleanliness may be the order of things and not the exception.
- 5S System– creativesafetysupply.com
- What’s in a Name: Defining Terms in Lean Manufacturing– 5snews.com
- 5S for Beginners– aislemarking.com
- Ford Trying to Put More Americans Back to Work– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- Self-Checkout: Efficient or Added Waste?– kaizen-news.com
- When is a Company Lean?– lean-news.com