George Koenigsaecker is a Board Member of the Shingo Prize, the international award for “lean enterprises,” The Association of Manufacturing Excellence, Ariens Outdoor Power Equipment, Baird Capital Partners, Watlow Electric Corporation and Xaloy Incorporated.
He also serves at the executive vice president and a board member at Simpler Consulting.
From 1992 until 1999, Koenigsaecker led the lean conversion of the HON Company, a $1.5 billion office furniture manufacturer. Under his leadership, the organization’s volume tripled and it was named by Industry Week Magazine as one of the “World’s Best Managed Companies.”
Prior to 1992, Koenigsaecker served as President of the Jacob’s Vehicle Equipment Company and Group President of the Tool Group with Danaher Corporation. Koenigsaecker’s lean conversion at Danaher is featured in the book “Lean Thinking” by Jim Womack and Dan Jones. In addition, Koenigsaecker has held senior management positions in finance, marketing and operations with Rockwell International and Deere & Company. He is a graduate of the Harvard Business School.
- John Deere
- Jacob’s Vehicle Equipment Company (Jake’s Brakes)
- John Touissant
- HON Company (HNI)
- Simpler Consulting
- Rockwell International
- Jim Womack’s Top Misconceptions of the Lean Movement– kaizen-news.com
- Janet Froetscher Discusses Workplace Safety– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- I’m Hiring a Business Manager – Does Gender Matter?– lean-news.com
- Introduction– jakegoeslean.com