Kaizen means all personnel are expected to stop their work when they encounter any abnormality and, along with their supervisor, suggest an improvement to resolve the abnormality.
Here is a video explanation about this translation
When the improvement requires personnel outside of the immediate work area, a kaizen burst (or radical process improvement) event may be useful.
A Kaizen burst event should be part of an overall program of continuous improvement if they are to be successful and for gains to be sustained.
Watch a free video of a recent workshop on Kaizen Events below…
- Getting Started with Kaizen– creativesafetysupply.com
- Kaizen Events or Daily Kaizen – What to choose?– hiplogic.com
- Kaizen Continuous Improvement– blog.5stoday.com
- Kaizen Events, How vital is it to Lean manufacturing– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- The Kaizen Blitz– kaizen-news.com
- What is Kaizen?– iecieeechallenge.org