Michael George is a business consultant, who is founder and President of George Group.
George Group was founded in 1986, and worked with Fortune 500 companies and government organizations, and was an industry leader in bringing a combined Lean and Six Sigma approach to organizations, called Lean Six Sigma.
He holds a B.S. in Physics from the University of California, and a M.S. in Physics from the University of Illinois. He began his career at Texas Instruments in 1964 as an engineer. He started the company International Power Machines (IPM), which he sold to a division of Rolls Royce in 1984. He studied Total Quality Management (TQM) and the Toyota Production System (TPM) firsthand in Japan, which led to his first book, America Can Compete.
George Group was headquartered in Dallas, Texas. They were acquired by Accenture in 2007.
- Lean Six Sigma: Combining Six Sigma Quality with Lean Production Speed
- Lean Six Sigma for Service : How to Use Lean Speed and Six Sigma Quality to Improve Services and Transactions
- Fast Innovation: Achieving Superior Differentiation, Speed to Market, and Increased Profitability
- The Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook : A Quick Reference Guide to Nearly 100 Tools for Improving Quality and Speed
- Lean Six Sigma In The Age Of Artificial Intelligence
- America Can Compete
- A Brief History of Kaizen: The Key Players– creativesafetysupply.com
- The History of Six Sigma– lean-news.com
- Lean Manufacturing Across the U.S.: From Salt Lake to Toledo– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- Jim Womack’s Top Misconceptions of the Lean Movement– kaizen-news.com
- What is Lean manufacturing?– iecieeechallenge.org
- Lean Thinking Questions– 5snews.com